The Claregalway and District Day care Centre was conceived in 2011 by a group of local people, with the aim to provide a Day Care facility for the village and wider community. The centre opened to clients in October 2012 after many weeks of renovation
The purpose of the CDDCC is to provide a place where an older person can come visit, enjoy social interaction and take part in various activities and educational programmes to enable them to continue living independently.
We also aim to provide a day respite service for carers of people suffering from long term illnesses.
To apply to be a client, download the following forms or contact the day care centre. Completed forms can be returned to CDDCC via email or by handing it in at the centre.
Various activities and educational programmes will be provided, specifically designed for the elderly community to keep them up-to-date with what is going on around them.
The centre will be supported by fully qualified staff and care assistants. A wheelchair accessible bus service is available to bring clients to and from the day care centre.
1. To provide facilities and activities that will encourage older people and assist them in terms of both physical and mental health.
2. To provide support and a social outlet for older people in the community to enable them to remain independent in their own community and to prevent loneliness and isolation.
3. To provide a facility that is safe, warm and enticing to visit
4. To provide services such as a hot nutritious meal, bathing, laundry, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, podiatry and medical advice through qualified medics.
5. To provide a safe environment so that carers are comfortable in the knowledge that their loved ones will be well cared for in their