The Claregalway and District Day care Centre was conceived in 2011 by a group of local people, with the aim to provide a Day Care facility for the village and wider community. The centre opened to clients in October 2012 after many weeks of renovation.
The purpose of the CDDCC is to provide a place where an older person can come visit, enjoy social interaction and take part in various activities and educational programmes to enable them to continue living independently.
We also aim to provide a day respite service for carers of people suffering from long term illnesses.
Our vision is to provide the highest possible level support and a social outlet for the older generation within our community, enabling them to be more independent in their own community and to prevent the feeling of loneliness and isolation. Over the years we have grown and grown thanks to the support of the community and we will continue to grow and become an integral part of the community
1. To provide facilities and activities that will encourage older people and assist them in terms of both physical and mental health.
2. To provide support and a social outlet for older people in the community to enable them to remain independent in their own community and to prevent loneliness and isolation.
3. To provide a facility that is safe, warm and enticing to visit
4. Various activities and programmes will be provided, specifically designed for the elderly community to keep them up-to-date with what is going on around them.
5. To provide a safe environment so that carers are comfortable in the knowledge that their loved ones will be well cared for in their
If you would like to become a service user here at the Claregalway & District Day Care Centre you can get in contact with us by heading over to our contact page where you can contact us directly or download the relevant forms you need.